1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Far too many drivers

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by Boless, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Boless

Boless Member

I think it is getting to the stage where there are far too many drivers and not enough passengers. Pretty soon we will all be struggling to survive. Six months ago I saw 3-4 cars in my area each morning, now there are at least 10 and pings are out to 30-40 minutes.The growth in drivers is NOT being matched by the growth in passengers. Sad fact is we are competing for a pie that is shrinking. Uber dont care b/c they get a fee for each ride. In one year we will all be screwed b/c there will never be a cap on the number of drivers. Hundreds sign up every week and this will continue, will hundreds new passengers match this? I think not. 8 out of 10 are Indians or Asians b/c they can't get jobs and are new to this country. The flood is huge and will only get bigger b/c Uber is easy to access. Time to get a new career.

ace65 likes this.
  2. Andrew Gaffney

Andrew Gaffney New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It was very very quiet last January as well and I had the same thoughts back then but from February thru December 2016 I averaged $40 per hour over 40-50 hours per week. In a private round table I was invited to with Uber Ops, they were very conscious of Uber Partners earning a minimum of $25 per hour - as frustrating as it is at the moment, we do have to look at this over the whole year.

Go go mobile123 and ZacHudson777 like this.
  3. joshuberman

joshuberman New Member

I am glad to hear that things might improve because today I have worked for 8 hrs and made $70 before taking out expenses!

Am I doing something wrong?

I am on the Sunshine Coast and there seem to be so many drivers it's crazy!

4. Terrychris

Terrychris Active Member

I will going on the road soon in Sydney and so are my two friends so add more, but then again probaly a lot leave Uber too everyweek !!

I heard on here you can make 2K a week !!!

5. Thing

Thing Well-Known Member

I stopped driving now but I also live on the coast. Fri/Sat nights I used to drive in Noosa area - there was less cars than M'dore.
    After midnight can be good on weekends as drivers stop about 12-1am

6. Mulder99

Mulder99 Well-Known Member

That's 2k gross earnings, don't forget your expenses which are around 50% of earnings...

So your true net earnings is $1,000 .....you would need to do 60-70 hours per week to make that....and a bit of luck....

7. Waingro

Waingro Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I will admit outside Melbourne and Sydney the hourly rate could be a little low

Andrew Gaffney likes this.
  8. daredevil

daredevil Well-Known Member

Fk uber all they care about themselves. They stopped on boarding way too late. They just don't want the drivers to leave and not come back

Modern-Day-Slavery likes this.
  9. joshuberman

joshuberman New Member

Not only are there a heap of uber vehicles on the coast now, I have just seen 5 cabs using the uber app! What the fk is going on here!

10. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Member

Its UberTaxi
    they use uber when they want to but pay uber a commission... so they would usually want to just go without but beggars can't be choosers

11. joshuberman

joshuberman New Member

Oh right, and they get to sit at taxi ranks as well, putting them closer to riders!

I thought they were scamming the system!

12. watto121090

watto121090 New Member

You're an idiot and delusional if you think you're gonna make $2k a week...you'll be driving for over 80 hour a week. Worth it? ✌️

13. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Member

It's not that far fetched to do $2k a week.

$1k a week is a walk in the park (January excluded!), $1.5k a week is about right. Anything more means you are good at re-positioning yourself even when riders take you to dead zones. It's ok to drive 20kms empty sometimes.

So from experience, if you smash Saturday hard you can make $500-900 on just that day (which includes going till the 4am pay cut-off on Sunday)

Then pressure is off for the rest of the week. Friday nights are yummy too.

14. Riders Champion

Riders Champion Member

But also remember it's still the taxi rates that apply, they use the meter.

So we only lose out when the surge is 1.4x or higher as the rider consensus seems to be that taxi's are cheaper after the surge hits that.

15. Mulder99

IMG_0177.PNG Work in the right areas and have a strategy you can do it
    For a quiet January week..my earnings so far....
    on a normal week I'll be around $1600 by Saturday...

So stop complaining and put some effort in....there's money to be made even in a slow January...
    Just putting the app online and waiting will get you nothing...you need to figure out where the work is and go you it...

Dieudonnee and TONY-T like this.
  16. Adam.bbb

Adam.bbb New Member

Slow week otherwise would have cracked 2k. Still can but it will need to be a busy sat.

Attached Files:

17. must.sam

must.sam New Member

Mate thanks for sharing and give motivation to uber drivers

18. Mulder99

19. Adam.bbb

Adam.bbb New Member

Thanks mulder

Attached Files:

20. must.sam

must.sam New Member

Mulder99...Can I ask genuine question..How much you take out of this week (58 hrs) after paying tax,GST and all fuel and car expenses?