1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Extra stop

Discussion in 'Ottawa' started by Bob-sky, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Bob-sky

Bob-sky New Member

Today I picked up an old couple at LCBO. She wanted me to stop at a gas station which was not even on the route. I refused. Of course she was upset and said every driver she met would like to do that for her. Haha how funny and cheap pax. I drove 4km to pick them up and drove 2km to send them home, making 3 dollars. Still want me to spend extra 5 min for her to buy cigarettes! And for sure I got 1 star from her.

brendon292 likes this.
  2. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

In my opinion you are in the wrong here, it wasn't an unreasonable request. You are meant to provide a service for those people; they are the ones paying for the trip. It sucks that you had to drive far to pick them up but that's not in their control. Customers will remember good service, as proven by your customer's comments about other drivers.

Danny3xd likes this.
  3. Ahmeduber

Ahmeduber New Member

Ask to edit destination

brendon292 likes this.
  4. brendon292

brendon292 Active Member

I agree, stops are a pain in the ass, especially with how low rates are. I will do them however if the PAX agrees to update the address.

5. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

Extra stop doesn't give you any extra fare. Fares are calculated on distance and time only.

Source: Uber

6. brendon292

brendon292 Active Member

When putting in a stop, Uber reverts to the old billing system from "upfront fare". You will be compensated for extra time and kilometers.

Danny3xd likes this.
  7. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

You are already compensated for extra time and kilometers without adding an extra stop. To which old billing system are you referring?

8. brendon292

brendon292 Active Member

The old billing system compensated the driver for every minute and every kilometer.

The new billing system aka "Upfront Fares" charges the passenger a predetermined amount and pays the driver 75% of that. If you make a wrong turn, a detour, or if you're stuck in traffic, you will not be compensated any extra. If the passenger changes the address during the trip, the system reverts back to the old billing system of time + kilometers

9. Ozymandias16

Ozymandias16 New Member

Okay thanks, one question, the 75% you are referring is the regular take by the driver or does uber take more on top of that?

10. brendon292

brendon292 Active Member

Uber takes 25% (20% for some veteran drivers). They also get a $2.00 "rider fee".