1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Exclusive: Regulators criticize banks over Uber loan - sources

Discussion in 'News' started by Ca$h4, Jan 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM.

1. Ca$h4

Ca$h4 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017 at 8:10 PM
  2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

They may be forced to go public sooner than they wish.
    Throws the timing off for the self driving car fluff to optimize value.
    I never buy IPO' s. The value often falls to 50% of 1st day IPO cost.

circle1 likes this.
  3. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

The joke of It's Probably Overpriced exists for a reason...

4. Buckiemohawk

Buckiemohawk Active Member

If forced to IPO... there prices hike

5. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Looks like Travis is robbing Peter to pay Paul, and Mary is next.

Travis is holding on, praying the SDC will take Uber to the promised land, if only the technology could come a tad sooner. Methinks it won't.

6. Jo3030

Jo3030 Well-Known Member

World's Biggest Ponzi Scheme!

7. Linesider

Linesider Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't think Uber can do an IPO in the near term. The current valuation is at least excessive. There are several issues to work through. The promise of the self driving car brings in the venture capital. Such a thing would drastically change the business model. A host of new legal challenges would surface.

It will be interesting to see how this works out. I would rather see improved public transit than self driving ubers, but I'm biased.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  8. Ballhog

Ballhog Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I may be in the minority but I believe self driving cars will never work unless all cars are self driving within a closed grid. The technology may be there, but there are simply too many variables out there. Plus, who's going to spend the money on the infrastructure to make it work? Who's going to make sure that GPS is 100% correct and place you at the right place?

IMO, it's purely for publicity...and venture capital suckers.

9. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

Looks like we're getting closer and closer to rate hikes.

10. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    the drivers will never see any of it thou..

ABC123DEF likes this.
  11. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!

12. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Representatives of the banks declined to comment. Uber was immediately not available to comment.

Representatives for the Federal Reserve and the OCC declined to comment.

Nobody's commenting. I also decline to comment at this time.

13. run26912

run26912 Well-Known Member

I hope they IPO so I can short this piece of monkey dung. I can only imagine how bad the first lock-up period will kill the shares as trapped investors rush to the floodgates to cash out.

The banks and bondholders will get shafted hard if Uber declares bankruptcy... because there are no assets other than office chairs, desks, pens, cheap e-mail templates and a piece of crap APP that everyone and their late cousin has a programmable version of.

oops almost forgot, they have DO HAVE TANGIBLE ASSETS... Uber delivery bags at $6.50 each.

BONG!!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017 at 8:56 AM
    circle1 likes this.
  14. run26912

EGGSactly Brother!

AMEN!

BONG!!

circle1 likes this.
  15. OC Lady Uber Driver

OC Lady Uber Driver Well-Known Member

Closed grid which includes tech integrated and engineered roads, rideshare exclusive loading and unloading zones. And the tech to avoid all crashes. How much is that going to cost? It's been around for awhile.
    Reminds me of the Autopia Disneyland ride. The kids needed a track to keep their cars aligned and an adult helper to start and stop the ride.

16. ABC123DEF

ABC123DEF Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    May the door hit them where the good Lord split them. All of us knew after the first couple of rounds of rate cuts and market saturation that this was a circus of a business model. These people make a loan shark look like good. They have no clue what really happens field operations and they've had plenty of time to get a handle on it. Total mismanagement of what is actually a decent idea...even if it is stolen from Lyft.

circle1 likes this.
  17. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

True, but you better buy some Calls (or wait-it-out) b'cause the banksters'll run it W-A-A-Y before they dump it. I'd be salivating if it doubled within a few months or less (an obvious pump'n'dump)!

18. run26912

Short it into the first lock-up or a bear spread, the squeeze tends to happen just after lock-up like SHAK did.

BONG!!!

circle1 likes this.
  19. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

20. Cole Hann

Cole Hann Active Member

Too Big to Fail. First Sign of a Problem the Worldwide Billionaires Boys Club will Fund or watch their previous multi billion dollar Uber investments evaporate, which they will not allow

BONG!

[​IMG]