Uber Drivers Forum banner

Email & text from Uber saying I'm not accepting many rides...

Tags
uber
913 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  stubones99 
#1 ·
I got a text and email just now saying I'm not accepting many rides... I can only assume that when I left the app running while gassing up and pissing, some bloke wanted a ride. My bad. This email pisses me off! I wound up in Cocoa Beach last night with two rides in 4.5 hours. Too many drivers, not enough riders = not many rides.

I wish their "incredible earning machine" ads they are running on TV told people what Uber really is. I have been trying educate people who could use Uber and don't know what it is, and this is what we get...

Here is what they said:
You haven’t been accepting many rides lately. When you receive a trip request, we’ve matched you with a rider that’s close by. If you pass on those trips, ETAs increase for other drivers and wait times go up for riders. And you miss out on a nearby fare.

The more trip requests you accept, the more you’ll earn.

If you don’t want to accept trips, just press “go offline.” We’ll be able to match riders more quickly, and drivers in the area will earn more.

#3 ·
I didn't think lyft ran in Brevard County! They sent me a message saying that they had expanded the lyft area to almost to the Brevard County line...

Lyft is self limiting their own growth for some reason.

I keep saying, if there is 1 driver and one rider in a burg in the boonies, there is a business opportunity...

#4 ·
I got a text and email just now saying I'm not accepting many rides... I can only assume that when I left the app running while gassing up and pissing, some bloke wanted a ride. My bad. This email pisses me off! I wound up in Cocoa Beach last night with two rides in 4.5 hours. Too many drivers, not enough riders = not many rides.

I wish their "incredible earning machine" ads they are running on TV told people what Uber really is. I have been trying educate people who could use Uber and don't know what it is, and this is what we get...

Here is what they said:
You haven't been accepting many rides lately. When you receive a trip request, we've matched you with a rider that's close by. If you pass on those trips, ETAs increase for other drivers and wait times go up for riders. And you miss out on a nearby fare.

The more trip requests you accept, the more you'll earn.

If you don't want to accept trips, just press "go offline." We'll be able to match riders more quickly, and drivers in the area will earn more.
Why does this pisseed you off? It has absolutely no bearing on your future with Uber. It's just to get you to accept more pings. Delete, and forget about it.

#5 ·
I even get a report of my hours online... 6 hours online and 0 rides (lifetime).

Why wouldn't their app show me that I'm outside the service area, and that if I sat there until hell froze over, I wouldn't get any riders... That would be the better way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.