1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Drunk taxi driver at Miami Airport

Discussion in 'Stories' started by JimKE, Jan 11, 2017 at 8:37 AM.

1. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I picked up a pax at MIA yesterday who said she called Uber because her cab driver was drunk.

Apparently the guy was staggering and stumbled, dropping her suitcase to the pavement trying to put it in his trunk. He even had to take a knee to keep from falling on his face. She complained to the cab "starter" (?) who was overseeing things, and the guy just shrugged his shoulders. She then demanded that her bag be taken out of the cab and both refused. One of the parking officers (not a police officer) saw the whole thing and got her suitcase back.

She called Uber and we had a nice uneventful ride to Ft. Lauderdale Beach.

2. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

That's what I don't understand, why someone would fly into MIA instead of FLL if they were going to Fort Lauderdale.

3. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

They do it all the time, usually for choice of airlines -- the airline they fly doesn't go to FLL, or vice versa. MIA is a much bigger airport, more choices in flights. But they do it the other way as well -- fly to Ft. Lauderdale for a Miami visit.

4. DrivingZiggy

DrivingZiggy Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Because they might get shot.

Bean likes this.