1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Call someone you don't like an UBER driver, and see what happens.

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Active Member

Just think if you called someone you didn't like in a bar an UBER driver. A fight would break out right in the middle of the bar.

Calling someone an UBER driver is like calling someone poor, worthless, dumb, slave, servant.

I'd actually rather be called anyone of those things than an UBER driver.

Being called an UBER driver is like being called an A-hole, or a C word.

One day UBER driver will be a bad word, and it will only be referred to as the U word.

2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

But it's hard to get the maggots out of my hair riding the back of the garbage truck . . . their kids do have plenty of toys though.

MidKnightHer likes this.
  3. Steveyoungerthanmontana

The average salary is 50 grand a year. Call me a garbage man any day over an UBER driver.

That poses a good question though. What job is worse than an UBER driver?

4. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

A certified nurses assist. They have to wipe the asses of old people and a lot more.

5. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

The OP is idiotic. There's nothing shameful about being an Uber driver. I don't hide it -- all my friends and family know.

Slim Pete, cakoo10, JTR and 8 others like this.

6. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Yeah and if they do anything respectable they giggle behind your back. Just human nature.

You are all right though. Shouldn't be ashamed it's just the way life is, and definitely the way American life is.

Some people work hard get lucky become rich, and they are told they are the 13th disciple of Jesus Christ.

Some people work hard and get hammered by the billy club of the universe, and are UBER drivers.

I'm sure everyone in here didn't plan on being UBER drivers. Maybe some of you still have some hope left.

I'm just setting the bar very low right now, and taking one step at a time to get out of this horrible job. If anything hopefully I'll only need to do it part time for a while.

VegasR, JTR, TwoFiddyMile and 5 others like this.
  7. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

So true!!!!

8. MikesUber

MikesUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    He's half troll half serious, sorry but anyone out in LA I take with a grain of salt. Land of the fruits and nuts.

9. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So, if we Uber drivers do not restore dignity, no one will do.
    Smart, strike. and let Uber know tha we drivers are not DUMMIES.
    How to Strike smart.
    The best way is: Place for Strike "Uber drivers staging are at the SFO,
    How to Strike: Evry day from 10 am to 11 am.
    For how long: As long as it takes.
    Do we need Committee: No
    Do we need tv reporters: No,don't call them they will come
    Do we need contact Uber: No, they will come
    Do we need people who will represent us and negotiate with UBER NO
    Uber by itself must start to improve drivers business
    Conclusion: this is my opinion, this is going to take some time but I am positive drivers will succeed.

MidKnightHer likes this.
  10. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

Uber Drivers are hustlers, remember? Get your side hustle on. I don't see Mcdonalds or other boring jobs advertising as hustle jobs. What if you tell someone that they are a cash gifter?

Enoch Shadkam and MidKnightHer like this.
  11. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

Why would someone be angered by a compliment!?

12. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

To be fair, my sister can't even get dates and she uses the Tinder App. I think that's what it's called. And months ago she was looking at some guys profile, and it said that he was an Uber Driver. And she said she can't date someone like that. She is a mediocre real estate seller. She always judges people based on their wealth. Hell if someone owns a home in San Bruno or Daly City, she automatically calls them ''ghetto.'' It's quite sad how she thinks.

MidKnightHer likes this.
  13. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

I hope you do strike LOL it would surge again and I would take all your rides

14. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

If all of us did strike it would literally do nothing to drive up surge. This site only represents a fraction of all the uber drivers. There is an estimated 45k in San Francisco. There are 75k members on this forum, of that 75k, only a fraction of that is an active member, hell, they probably don't even drive anymore. If you don't drive anymore, you probably won't go on a forum for uber drivers.
    On top of that, these forums has members that drive every market in the US and other countries.
    I take uber and lyfts and have not had a driver yet that has heard of this site or rsg...

JTR and MidKnightHer like this.
  15. Fishchris

Fishchris Active Member

MidKnightHer likes this.
  16. Fishchris

Fishchris Active Member

You know I delivered pizzas for years and that was not the proudest of jobs. But when people would ask what I do I would start out by saying, "Well first let me say that I made pretty good money and am able to pay all of my bills, and still have plenty of free time and enough extra cash to go play".... then I would go on and tell them what I did.
    The problem with Uber is the money is so s***** that I can't even use that for an excuse

MidKnightHer likes this.
  17. DRider85

DRider85 Active Member

Then why are you still doing Uber? I don't understand. I really don't. Why not just deliver pizza?

JTR likes this.
  18. The Ombudsman

The Ombudsman Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Your mom is an Uber driver.

(flees)

Arabianprince90 and dirtylee like this.
  19. Polomarko

Polomarko Member

Driving:
    UberX
    About quantity of drivers in SF Bay Area. I would like to say this.On a daily bases Uber has no more than 500 drivers.

20. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Yeah that 45k is super over exaggerated lol. That is every driver that has done at least 5 rides in the past 3 years or whatever.