1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Are you ready to put this crap on the roof of your car?

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Jan 4, 2017.

?
  1. No way!

2. For sure!

3. Only if they pay me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    why do you think cab companies fight Uber?
    why don't they fight each other?
    " New York City cab medallions, which sold for as much as $1 million a year ago, now are priced at the $500K level, battered by competition from Uber, Lyft"
    Uber know that, believe it or not Uber is a taxicab company, we are doing what cab drivers do, with the difference that cab companies paid a lot of money for medallion, Uber didn't.
    Uber knows that to have the number of Uber drivers/cars they have today in NY, or LA, for example. they need billions of dollars to buy medallions, of course, they can't because the number of medallions isn't unlimited.and they need to bid with other competitors....

yeahTHATuberGVL and Milito like this.
  2. toi

toi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    This should help to find your driverless uber combined with the license plate check.
    Once setup they might say only same color coded vehicle and rider can match for a ride.

3. BentleyK9

BentleyK9 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Staying incognito.. I dont even use a Uber Logo in the window. Seen a few drivers in town with them, but not me. Do not want to be recognizable by anyone that is NOT my pax. Like the Metro Taxi Cab commission, cab drivers..etcI usually make some mind of verbal communication with my Pax if they are not ready or address for pickup is vague.

LadyDi likes this.
  4. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

Three things;

Rare earth magnet, to hold it on.

Must be wireless. After all it's a Tech co. right ? :p

And project a beam, that only the driver can see, towards the pax's phone, not the pin location.

ziliano likes this.
  5. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't Use Uber Logo, and I'm not going to use it.
    Now, I'm thinking about moving my phone from the dashboard to somewhere, even when I'm not using Uber app people come to me asking who are you picking up?
    So car + phone holder = Uber driver :eek::eek::eek:

LadyDi and Lynette like this.

6. Flying16150

Flying16150 Active Member

Ok who is makeing a profit, thats really funny.

7. Lynette

Lynette Member

They can patent it until the cows jump over the moon. They don't own my f'ing car. I am so sick of this company. I drive Select and should not be complaining as much as others but they want to pay you less and then make you jump through hoops to get it. Will never put a stupid neon placard on my car.

Scratchington, jdon and LadyDi like this.
  8. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    In my state that's true. If you want that on top of your vehicle then you must adhere to all the DOT regulations in AZ. But I'm sure our governor will change that law as he did the rest for Uber.

9. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Rideshare? are you sure?
    what does rideshare mean? ride + share, means two or more passengers share the ride. this is true only on Uberpool. am i wrong?
    Uber and Lyft Use this term to fly away from taxi regulations.
    Uber and Lyft refer to driver as PARTNER, no employee, neither independent contractor, they can call driver independent contractor, But based on IRS definition of the relationship between employer and independent contractor, since Uber/Lyft control have the right to control, or they control the way driver do his/her job, and since there's insurance provided by Uber/Lyft while you are driving for them, you Supposed to be an EMPLOYEE. not an independent contractor.
    and to avoid any confusion, PARTNER sounds better.

10. mikes424

mikes424 Active Member

A color changing sign might be illegal. If red or blue it may possibly be mistaken for a cop car or emergency vehicle.

11. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
  12. Raffi

Raffi Member

It would be a lot easier if they put it in the APP a photo of mt car for the rider to look at. From there, they can look out for the car. that is better than knowing what model is coming to pick them. I am having problem for the rider to find me, because not everyone know what Pagani Zonda is. And when I arrive, they have no idea that I come to fetch them. And because everyone keep looking at my car, It is difficult to know which is my rider. Sigh**Life is HARD.

LadyDi likes this.
  13. yeahTHATuberGVL

yeahTHATuberGVL Active Member

I included an article that reported on the testings in the US.

14. El Janitor

El Janitor Active Member

Maybe it has nice paint scratching magnets so it will leave permanent scuffs on the of roof of your car. Then Uber will ask you to get your car inspected and the inspection station will say you failed due to cosmetic damage. Then you can go to the Uber approved body shop, and.........

Oh yeah in some places you can't have light up anythng on your car, I got a ticket for it myself once. Police officer said the light up emblem on my car made it look like a police cruiser from a distance. Then he said you also cant have any blue lights on your car. They'll also give you tickets for other light up signs etc.

15. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    When the number of Uber cars is equal or greater than police cars, then Police need to change their light colors, that's the democracy according to Uber planet :p:oops:

16. DriverX

DriverX Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I think the idea will be to scroll something like this across the screen as you arrive for the pax:

B====D---

17. Buckpasser

Buckpasser Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber should get their greasy hands out of our pockets , can't wait until this money losing joke goes public so we can all short the stock. I really don't want the uber pinball machine on my roof %@##8* FUBER

18. Tnasty

Tnasty Active Member

They aren't for us they are for those driverless cars that will be on the road next weekend.tehe

19. Tenderloin

Tenderloin Active Member

I wonder is it sellworthy? How much i would get if sell it on ebay

20. Ubercycle

Ubercycle Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Dr
    who is going to buy it from you? another Uber driver? he's going to get it free, the same way you did!