1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Are you a 5-star rider? Uber advises riders.

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by RamzFanz, Sep 22, 2016.

1. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

https://newsroom.uber.com/sri-lanka/are-you-a-5-star-rider/

With more people in Colombo using Uber to get where they need to go, here’s our guide on how you can be a 5-star rider. Move around the city like an expert and ensure that you have a 5-star rider experience from start to finish.

• Rate your driver based on your driver’s performance and quality of service. Drivers do not control the fare. If you have a question, reply to your receipt and we’ll be happy to review your fare!
    • Promo didn’t work or you took a ride on surge? Let us know, and we’ll look into it. Don’t rate the driver poorly though. Poor ratings lead to a penalty or account termination of your driver.
    A RELIABLE RIDE
    Our highest priority is connecting riders to an affordable and reliable ride on the road. Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.

• Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check the license plate number matches the car’s plate and photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him your name. If name / license doesn’t match, cancel the ride and report to us at support@uber.com.
    • Need to contact your driver? Swipe the tray up and select “Contact” to call or text your driver.
    • Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share my ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.
    • Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver-partners.
    • Detailed receipts. Every Uber receipt includes your driver’s name, photo and route information from pickup to drop off. Your receipt is your detailed guide to your trip. Additional questions? Just click the ‘Support’ tab in the app or reply to your receipt and a member of our support team will follow up shortly.
    And don’t forget:

• Make sure to buckle up!
    • Have more than 4 passengers? Request a second Uber.
    RIDER ETIQUETTE
    Don’t be that person. Respect your Uber.

• Has your driver arrived? Don’t make your driver wait too long. Remember, drivers’ time is valuable too and they are more than happy to help you as soon as they accept your request.
    • How long can you make your driver wait? 5-10 minutes. Need him to stick around for longer? We recommend that end this ride and request another one when you are ready to leave.
    • Be respectful of your drivers. Despite the dubious city traffic, they work hard to give you a 5-star service to get you to where you want to go.
    • If you are thinking of bringing a pet when you ride, make sure to get the driver’s permission first.
    • Your Uber is not a goods transfer vehicle, do not use it for moving goods. Got luggage? That’s cool, your driver will be happy to help you with that at no extra cost.
    • Help keep your driver’s vehicle clean. Put yourself in the shoes of the next rider.
    • No drinking, eating, smoking or illegal substances in the car. Period. Be respectful of your driver’s wishes as it is their office you’re sitting in.
    PERFECT YOUR PICK-UP
    • Double-check your pick-up location on the map in the Uber app before hitting the ‘Request’ button. Pinning your location properly will save both you AND the driver valuable time so you can get going sooner. When in large buildings, try your best to drop the pin near the street where you’ll be waiting.
    • Request your ride only when you’re ready to go.
    FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
    Splitting the dinner bill with your friends is complicated. Sharing the ride home isn’t! Here’s how you can split your fare once you’ve requested a ride:

1. Swipe the tray up with your driver’s info and select “Fare Split”.
    2. Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”.
    3. Your Uber-savvy friends will receive a message and taken directly to the app to confirm.
    4. Your friends without Uber will be asked to download the app, sign up, and confirm their share of the ride.
    AVOID SURGE PRICING
    Our goal is to be the most reliable ride on the road and sometimes we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight. During this time, surge pricing will automatically go into effect to encourage more drivers to get out on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates will go back to normal.

No surprises when you estimate your fare. Surprises aren’t for everyone. That’s why we’ll always notify you in BIG, BOLD print if surge pricing is in effect and ask you to manually type in the higher multiple before you can request a ride. Enter your drop off location and tap “Fare Quote” to get an estimate of the cost of your ride.

WHAT IS UBER’S CANCELLATION POLICY?
    Uber charges a cancellation fee if you cancel more than five minutes after requesting a ride. However, if our system expects your driver to be more than 5 minutes late (based on the current ETA), you may cancel without penalty.

Multiple cancellations by riders looking to get a specific cars creates a dispiriting and frustrating experience for our driver-partners, and makes the system less efficient for other riders as well. When riders cancel frequently, drivers feel burned and are less likely to accept pickups. This leads to drivers rejecting longer pickups or calling clients to make sure that they do want a pickup.

LOST ITEMS
    It happens to the best of us; after you get out of your Uber, you realise you forgot something in the backseat. Whether it be your lunch or your phone, your engagement ring or a shoe (yes, the Uber team has seen it all), with Uber you can easily recover lost items.

Check the bottom of your receipt email for the “Click here if you lost something on this trip” link or visit riders.uber.com for your driver’s contact info. You can reach out directly to recover your lost item.

2. RamzFanz

5-10 minutes my ass. Shoes on curb to 5 minutes.

3. agtg

agtg Well-Known Member

At least it's something. Is this sent to rider's email or is it just posted somewhere on the web where no one will see it?

hopenjoy63 likes this.
  4. RamzFanz

It's in their newsroom. I'm not sure if they linked to it in app via popup.

5. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Other than that, some of the advice ain't bad. I do wonder why they picked Sri Lanka for it and do not have it in the U.S. of A, newsroom.

TBone and RamzFanz like this.

6. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

It's good to see Uber finally educating riders.

hopenjoy63 likes this.
  7. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

They forgot the most important thing in the part about rating your driver.

Let's see who can spot it......

hopenjoy63 likes this.
  8. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    And no need to tip, they are always included.

yeahTHATuberGVL and ubershiza like this.
  9. Red Leader

You caught one I didn't.

What they forgot was this.......

You are riding in a vehicle that is nicer than a cab for 70% less fare rate. Consider this when you rate your driver.

yeahTHATuberGVL and circle1 like this.
  10. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    I don't know about that. In Phoenix, the two major taxi companies have been buying new Prius' on a continuous basis since the Prius was invented. I've seen some pretty crappy Uber cars recently. Many in need of maintenance. I would hear the belts squealing and brake indicators squeaking. Corporate transportation vehicles have Uber vehicles crushed for safety and quality maintenance. And let's not talk about the drivers. Many many many many Uber drivers in Phoenix have no clue where allot of the popular destinations are. The biggest complaint I get from pax is that Uber drivers are much too dependent on GPS.

The Mollusk likes this.
  11. The Mollusk

The Mollusk Well-Known Member

Yup. In Orlando , most of the uber cars look worse than a taxi.

12. Red Leader

Yea....you got me there. I am hearing more and more stories about crappy Uber cars. That being said.....

I'm still hearing about cab cars still sucking. Personally I don't get it. But I dont drive a cab and don't know their routine about vehicle cleanliness.

13. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    40% of my PAX still cant put the pin in the right place on the map. Oh and when you finally find the people that cant put the pin in the map they always say "I dont know why they sent you there." THEY DIDNT SEND ME THERE ******* YOU DID. THERE IS NO THEY. Things like this are why I fall over laughing when they try to say SDC will out earn people. Good luck with that Uber.

14. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've got over 100 rides as an Uber rider and I'm still 5 stars . Probably because I'm a driver I know what drivers like lol

-I almost always tip (only reason I don't is if my driver happens to be an idiot or a jerk and even sometimes I still tip because I'm always a big tipper)
    -I know where I'm at so my pin is always correct
    -If I'm leaving a big event I usually walk a few blocks away and find an easy pick up spot
    -If I'm getting a ride for my wife I always text them letting them know where she is and her name , as well as getting her the drivers info right away
    -I don't ask for water, mints and aux cord on my 8 minute ride (or any ride) lol
    -I could give a rats butt what route you take as long as I get there alive I'm happy

yeahTHATuberGVL and Dutch-Ub like this.
  15. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    The people riding uber are in it cuz its cheap. Don't let them fool you. The ones that try to ***** are the ones that weren't using cabs at all before. Cabs dont always smell or suck. I made a good living keeping mine clean and getting tipped extra for it (at least 2x what I make with uber btw). The real difference is that a cab cost 3x what you do. If they actually gave a **** about the quality of the ride they would be using select or black not X. People riding uber X are looking for the cheapest ride and expect top quality. Its pretty much like buying a coach plane ticket and then expecting a first class seat. And dont even get me started on the GPS thing. Yeah the GPS will give you ****ty routes but you know what will almost always give you a worse one. The ****ing PAX. How about you speak up and tell me what way you want to go if you care so much. As long as there isnt construction or a wrecks that will take me an hour to get thru ill take you whatever stupid route you want. One more thing for them to flip out about when they dont know where the SDC is going because they only took one way home ever.

Another Uber Driver likes this.
  16. Red Leader

My neighbor, who got a plot of land in Hawaii and retired there, owned a cab. He had a medallion and rented out his cab through a company in SF. Can't remember which one. When he replaced his vehicle, I found him, and sold him, the vehicle he replaced it with.

He was very particular about how his vehicle was treated. He did however tell me of many horror stories about other rented cabs that were just trashed and that he couldn't understand why those vehicle were not taken out of Service and the drivers fired.

He would agree with most, if not all, of what you posted. But here's the funny thing.....he said had Uber been around when he was doing this....he would have driven Uber in an instant.

17. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

Where is "Colombo"? Are there different rules for how long the driver is supposed to wait?

Being there in 5-10 minutes would be a 100% chance of cancellation from me.

18. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I've had the same billionaire CEO in my car twice. Nice guy, really very chatty and engaging, and he STILL doesn't tip.

yeahTHATuberGVL likes this.
  19. No.bs

No.bs New Member

Uber cars looking like sh!t is surprising to some?? Pretty soon all that Uber will be is a fleet of busted ass buckets hobbling around and pax will go back to using cabs. Uber expects drivers to deliver quality 5 star service then guts your pay by constantly lowering fares and promotes "no tipping." I got a nice ride but another fare cut and I'm out. Thats for sure. For a bunch of "smart" app engineers they sure know how to screw up a good business.

20. yeahTHATuberGVL

yeahTHATuberGVL Active Member

That's a pet peeve of mine. I've transported several folks to amazing homes, and been engaging for the entire trip, and still...no tip.