1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone been accused of this its BS!

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Edward209, Nov 2, 2015.

1. driverguy77

driverguy77 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I wonder if uber hires/uses people to see if drivers will accept tips without first telling them they don't have to tip

2. LadyDi

LadyDi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Hmmm...

3. SCdave

SCdave Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My response:

I keep records of all of my Trips. If you would like for me to investigate the one you are inquiring about, please provide me with a Trip ID#. Otherwise, I will not be able to answer your inquiry about any specific trip but only about my driving service in general.

I follow all local, state, and federal regulations. I do not accept cash for fares. The only cash I have ever received is for a Tip.

I have forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate Uber Driver's Message Board. We are continuously trying to improve and value your suggestions.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,
    Warren G

4. Dierwolf

Dierwolf Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Well first of all its none of their bloody damn business if a pax gives you money. If a pax wants to give you money to take them somewhere, log off the Uber app, take the money and take them where they want to go. Uber can not say **** if you are not running the app when you do this.

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. Uberamstel

Uberamstel Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    To be on the safe side of things, log off AND close the uber app, also ask rider to close his app.

Even logged off uber can track both of your movements and they will connect the dots

Disclaimer: This comment is posted here for entertainment purposes only and should not be regarded in any way, shape or form as an encouragement to engage in any anti-Uber business practices while driving under the Uber partner agreement

tohunt4me, RichR and everythingsuber like this.

6. Uberamstel

Uberamstel Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They want their 25%

Lowestformofwit likes this.
  7. Tim In Cleveland

Tim In Cleveland Well-Known Member

I've had riders pull this on me too. They lie simply to get their fare refunded. The hoot of it is, they lived in a freaking million dollar home. They were 25 year old losers living with their rich parents who took a long ride on a surge. I picked them up from a private club for rich people. The fare was $45 so and they emailed Uber claiming to have paid me $35 cash to cover the cost of the trip. It was an outrageous total lie.

Adieu, tohunt4me and Ziggy like this.
  8. terrible

terrible Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't always get tips, but when I do i usually buy a Lotto ticket with it. Good way to Launder dirty money Uber doenst want us to accept for no apparent reason.

geauxfish and tohunt4me like this.
  9. nplyftcp

nplyftcp Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Most likely response right here.

Lowestformofwit likes this.
  10. The Admiral

The Admiral Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Beautiful... I'm going copy and paste that one. Love It! ( it's Passenger not Passanger)

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. ND379

ND379 Well-Known Member

is this real?! this would explain so many freaking pings that I get to, no one standing outside, wait for 3-4 minutes. Start to text rider and then get a notice the rider cancelled. After I've driven 10 miles to get there. That was just the one last night but I've really noticed this happening quite a bit.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberLUX
    That was real ... (http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/11/technology/uber-fake-ride-requests-lyft/) ... I don't think it's still being done (officially)

13. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Did you get your account squared away?

14. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    During PT%, guarantees, crack of dawn airport rush times, or last few "peak hours" (of the powerdrivery kind) of a week???

That's not Uber... That's Ant Telekinesis : using TheForce to pull blocking ants off a desirable staging area

Typical catalyst: wife/mom's phone, or drunk pax's (former) phone for especially daring dark hats

pOST sCRIPTUM : I have NOT used this to my advantage, only ever witnessed unknown persons trying to cheat that way

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    thesatanicmechanic likes this.
  15. Tequila Jake

Tequila Jake Well-Known Member

Uber has already told the passenger they don't have to tip. I don't have to repeat it.

16. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Last time I got this its because the PAX said he was tipping me than called uber and said he paid me for the fare with cash. Uber took my side I was surprised. Don't stop taking tips because of this. They almost got me to replay that I would have just cancelled him and logged off if i were taking cash for a fare........

17. Tony73

Tony73 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I had one ******* do it to me on a pool request. I told them, he requested the service and I drove the miles. Problem solved.

18. Tim In Cleveland

Tim In Cleveland Well-Known Member

I had that exact same scam pulled on with a pick up from a private country club to an estate probably worth a million dollars (Ohio dollars, not California). 24 year old kids of rich people who were nasty, spoiled brats. AND they claimed they paid me more than the tip actually was.

19. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Oh yeah this ******* was talking about how he was leaving his second Harley at that strip club and his frist was at some strip club in Ohio 300 miles away. Took him to at least a $500k house.

20. empresstabitha

empresstabitha New Member

This thread is hilarious.