1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone been accused of this its BS!

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Edward209, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Edward209

Edward209 New Member

We recently received a notice from a rider that you accepted cash on a recent trip.

We're reaching out to see if you can provide us any information or details about what happened so we can take the appropriate actions.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Adieu, living_the_dream and tohunt4me like this.
  2. SanPedroLover

SanPedroLover Well-Known Member

Yeah sounds like some BS to me. Was this driving for Uber or Lyft?

Makes no sense why they would report someone for accepting a cash tip. Wonder if they sent in a praise for you and said something like "We liked the driver and our ride so much we even gave them a cash tip!"

Gonna give us any info on the drive or pax?

20yearsdriving likes this.
  3. Uber 1

Uber 1 Well-Known Member

This (or something similar) is what the driver should say was the reason the Pax gave the driver a cash tip:

The passenger gave me a tip because they felt sorry that I work for a greedy, self centered, egotistical prick named Travis whose company exploits its service providers to the extent that they can barely afford the "luxuries" in life such as food, clothing, and shelter.

I tried to tell the passenger, that they need not tip me BUT they said they felt sorry for my situation and those LESS fortunate than themselves and that they had a moral obligation to to help out in any way they possibly could.

I dropped the Pax off to start his shift as a NEW cashier at McDonalds.

I think that was basically it.

Andy

Sueron, New2This, brendon292 and 19 others like this.
  4. select_this

select_this Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I received one of these notices too and I responded telling them that it was absurd and the rider was lying! I wonder if there is a scam going around where people know that if they make such a claim Uber will give them a credit or something stupid like this. Knowing Uber is more concerned with pleasing a rider than driver I would not be surprised that shady people will resort to these lies!

5. Nick781

Nick781 Active Member

They know everyone gets tips once in a while...

tohunt4me likes this.

6. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I have never received cash from a Uber rider.
    I have never received cash from a Uber rider.

7. select_this

select_this Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    nothing wrong with receiving a tip if the pax insists, which they do sometimes. This statement is about soliciting cash/credit card payment which I would never do. Ive actually had noob riders take out their wallet trying to pay me that didnt know its deducted from their CC and I told them that this is not how its done and I do not take money for the ride.

8. RomanRon

RomanRon Active Member

Tell them went over my receipt logs and you need a name and trip to check your books.... That should keep them busy for awhile

9. PatriciaQ

PatriciaQ Member

I just got my first tip last week. Uber is not taking my $1 away from me, as I have framed it.

10. ItookurRider

ItookurRider Active Member

I wouldn't reply to the email. Or report the email as spam. Or tell them they must have you confused with a taxi driver. Either way you "never" (wink) received cash on a trip, it all goes through the app when you are giving rides.

11. JMBF831

JMBF831 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They aren't talking about a cash tip, they are talking about receiving cash for the entire fare...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Sueron, I Aint Jo Mama, Adieu and 2 others like this.
  12. Choochie

Choochie Well-Known Member

Hang it in the car so pax will ask the meaning - then you can hit them with "oh a nice customer gave me a tip for my great service" and like all businesses you framed it.

13. Showa50

Showa50 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Riders will claim they gave you cash in oder to get the fare adjusted. Even if rider implys it was a tip, they'll still try for the adjustment.

Adieu and tohunt4me like this.
  14. UberMensch2015

UberMensch2015 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Pax lie. Every word coming out of a pax mouth is a lie. That's all. They know how to game the Uber system for discounts, free rides, and credits.

15. ChristianPerea

ChristianPerea Member

Forward that communication to Shannon Liss-Riordan....sounds awfully a lot like something a company would instruct an employee to do...as opposed to an IC...

EDIT: make sure to CC Uber in the email ;)

Also, short-term just say they offered you cash and you refused because it would make you a bandit cab and you follow the law. That covers you, makes you look like you know what you are doing and provides a reason the passenger would lie to Uber.

16. Huberis

Huberis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I had the same question.

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Passengers can't do it repeatedly. They would notice and deactivate their accounts.

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. billybengal

billybengal Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    Dear Uber Customer Support:

As always I would like to thank you for taking time to contact me. Regarding your question, the passanger gave me a big cash tip after I told them that I used to work for Lyft and I was happy working for Lyft but Uber started making fake ride requests and because of that I was loosing money everyday wasting gas and putting wear and tear on my car just get to the location of the passenger to find out that the ride was cancelled. The passanger felt really sorry for me and gave me a really big tip, of course I explained tips were not required but the passanger kept on insisting and eventually told me to just check the back seat after the trip was over. The passanger got yelled by his significant one for giving me so much money so I am guessing the significant one made the complaint. After they left I did find a lot of money on my back seat.

I hope this explains the issue. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and as always, thank you for your support!

Sign your name

19. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  20. Jack Marrero

Jack Marrero Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    To avoid any cash tip related messages from customer service, from now on, I'll just accept Starbucks gift cards as tips.