Uber Drivers Forum banner

Another sad unlucky day for me

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  stubones99 
#1 ·
Every time latley when I get a day off uber sucks. 3 trips in 6hours,8-2 and made 30$ before gas. Use to make 80$ minimum on a Monday Wawa

#2 ·
Is Wawa like BooHoo? or WaWa the gas station? Most people at WaWa have cars...

Since Uber has offered up to $200 for every driver referral, there are areas where there are way too many drivers, just to support a few riders.

What I don't get is why would they pay $200 for a driver referral when they won't cough up a nickel for a rider cancellation.

I no longer do weekend uber since there are too many drivers on the weekend in Brevard County. Mornings are SLOW, evenings pick up a little.

You would be better off mopping the floor at WaWa than Ubering.

The real truth is you are using a $10k - $30k investment to chase the opportunity of a 30 cent per mile fare, with no pay for return miles and on the best days, $12 per hour. Their TV ads are misleading. It makes money for uber and provides a service to the riders. So far, I have had no "bad riders" but the later you hang out, the more drunks you get.

Good Luck!

#4 ·
There are more to come...

Best way to make money with Uber is to set up a Uber Driver Referral tent somewhere popular, and add to the problem for other drivers while taking home the insane $150+ referral fee for every guy you sign up that gets 20 + rides... When you pull up the rider app and see just about everywhere, there are other Uber drivers waiting on rides, no one but Uber will make money. I really pity the idiots who lease a car from Uber's selected agents to drive for Uber...

While we do have a significant snow bird population in Brevard, they often have a car, so don't need Uber.

Uber won't add queues where they are needed, so you see people parking in the handicap parking areas, going into the mall, etc., just to get closer to the riders. This one is fully on Uber. They should let us select a queue anywhere there are multiple drivers within a limited distance, and then let all drivers see their place in the queue.

They are burning investor dollars like there is no tomorrow, simply to be able to quote that they have some large number of drivers using their platform, compared to all other platforms. That policy hurts everyone.

The only way to make a few bucks now is hauling drunks around to and from the bars, with an occasional person going to work. So that means that much of your work will be from 6:00pm to early morning. Just make sure you have a good place for the drunks to hurl and not soak your seats...

#5 ·
There are more to come...

Best way to make money with Uber is to set up a Uber Driver Referral tent somewhere popular, and add to the problem for other drivers while taking home the insane $150+ referral fee for every guy you sign up that gets 20 + rides... When you pull up the rider app and see just about everywhere, there are other Uber drivers waiting on rides, no one but Uber will make money. I really pity the idiots who lease a car from Uber's selected agents to drive for Uber...

While we do have a significant snow bird population in Brevard, they often have a car, so don't need Uber.

Uber won't add queues where they are needed, so you see people parking in the handicap parking areas, going into the mall, etc., just to get closer to the riders. This one is fully on Uber. They should let us select a queue anywhere there are multiple drivers within a limited distance, and then let all drivers see their place in the queue.

They are burning investor dollars like there is no tomorrow, simply to be able to quote that they have some large number of drivers using their platform, compared to all other platforms. That policy hurts everyone.

The only way to make a few bucks now is hauling drunks around to and from the bars, with an occasional person going to work. So that means that much of your work will be from 6:00pm to early morning. Just make sure you have a good place for the drunks to hurl and not soak your seats...
Yeah. I hate the mall. You'll be sitting waiting for a ping and a jerk would park right up front illegally to get closer then you. They definitely need a query at the mall

#6 ·
There are so many Uber drivers that unless you drive to a more populous place, you'll sit around the house all day with no riders.

The almost good news is Lyft has expanded their territory and comes all the way to Lake Washington, but not into Brevard County!!!!

So close, yet so far. Too bad they don't care about the rest of the world and prefer specializing on metro areas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.