1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

A message from new President of Ridesharing,Jeff Jones

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by CarterPeerless, Nov 14, 2016.

1. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

Target is at $70 a share. I guess you know about as much about retail as you do TNC.

2. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

. . . that's interesting, the rendering changed shortly after I read the original . . .

Stan07 likes this.
  3. Navy Vet

Navy Vet Member

I dont get It! why not raise the rates as long as they are cheaper than a taxi? That way drivers make more money & company make more Money! You won't have to keep paying all the finder fees to get new drivers because more would stay around

Patrick Swayze likes this.
  4. Navy Vet

Navy Vet Member

Ya and what's with no Tips?

5. Yam Digger

Yam Digger Well-Known Member

That's because Uber is driven by the ideology of the Tech Sector's contempt of the working poor. I know it sounds cynical, but can you think of a better explanation for why Uber treats us like this? Even the "no tipping" nonsense makes no sense from a business perspective.

Hugo, Shangsta and Stan07 like this.

6. Yeah, I get it . . . it's kind of like what Negan did with Alexandria's mattresses.

7. UberLaLa

UberLaLa Well-Known Member

Mr. JJ, Raise rates to an equitable and profitable to the Driver amount, put in an In-App Tip Function and you will be our hero. Anything less and you are fooling yourself that you can make things better for the Drivers...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    jeep45238 likes this.
  8. mikes424

mikes424 Active Member

If Jeff Jones really means what he says, he would have an email box for questions, concerns and suggestions that are read and each email is responded to by someone in the US.

Talk is cheap.
    Actions speak louder than words

Yam Digger, Stan07 and UberLaLa like this.
  9. Just one more trip

Just one more trip Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't drink Jeff Jones' Kool-Aid. It may kill you. Is he related to Jim? Google "jim jones kool-aid for a surprise.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    Yam Digger, Shangsta and Stan07 like this.
  10. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

I think they are concerned that increasing rates will decrease patronage- and thus decrease profits.

If the number of passengers decline, there won't be as many rides for the drivers to take, and drivers will quit driving out of boredom/lack of income.

Further, the current fare/commish structure gives them a higher percentage of the money coming in, when fares are low with the booking fee and that.

Shangsta likes this.
  11. thesatanicmechanic

thesatanicmechanic Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    CarterPeerless, Teksaz and Stan07 like this.
  12. UberLaLa

UberLaLa Well-Known Member

Agree...which means Uber is a Paper Dragon...or simply a false economy funded by their investor's on the backs of driver's that have been mislead to believe the earning potential with Uber is far greater than it is.

Just one more trip likes this.
  13. I_Like_Spam

This, I think,is a real problem.

The current craigslist ad for Uber in Pittsburgh indicates average weekly income of 724. I don't see it, at 1.10 a mile here, that would be nearly 700 paid miles a week. I drove a cab, 100 miles is lot of miles and was a lot for a busy weekend shift much less as an average including less busy weekdays.

14. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    So what happens when it unravels?

Will it just go belly up When uber can no longer get more investment capital to keep paying it's bills?

What kind of mess will it leave in it's wake?

15. I_Like_Spam

Creditors will most likely take possession of the property and continue to run it, at least until they can sell it. Probably cut out the 24/7 ads on radio and TV which cost a lot of money and increase the commish levels to maximize profits to get the money they loaned the Kalanick group. They'll keep the "Uber" name.

Since the partners are creditors too, the court could order the unsecured creditors(the partners) to accept less than what they had coming to them for fares already taken.

16. The best thing is for a fair and honest company to get in position BEFORE Uber disintegrates. If I had a true head for business I'd have a thriving one by now but that being said, I feel Uber's business model is excellent. The problems are all GREED related (as are most problems in the world). I'm positive this company could make money by charging a flat 10% commission (15% at most) and a fare that's fair for passengers AND drivers. Normally I would have stuck with 10% but we're also demanding quality, US based customer service and people you can TALK to on the PHONE and that takes money.

THAT is what I'd like to see rise out of the ashes but I guess I'm a dreamer. First thing we would need is a cool and catchy name. Consumers in this country are mostly sheep and lemmings and will follow a brand name off a cliff if it's trending. In the "good ole days" the great burger, fries and shake came first and you built your brand and reputation over time. I feel it's the other way around now: Catching name and marketing ploy first, then fill in the blanks by beta testing your product on the masses. Well this product is well known and tested so all we need is the name, some software and a building with a hundred or so people to run it.

Oops, I was done after the first paragraph but started dreaming again.

17. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

I actually work for Target in HR so I know plenty. Targets shares are actually up because we have slashed hours and wages across the board. Sound like Uber? We had a terrible second quarter and Target Canada was an abject failure.

Jones "left" because he was about to get fired. He knew what he was doing.

Then again you may be a fool who believes this guy cares about you and your driving experience. Judging by your other post on here it doesnt make much to get anything by you.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  18. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the reason that Uber doesn't raise rates is because their goals are different than yours. They already get a booking fee and a cut. It's high enough that they are taking something like 35-40% of the fare. If they raise rates, there will be fewer rides resulting in fewer booking fees, the increased revenue from the cut won't cover that. Add to that the fudge factor they keep with flat rate pricing and pool and they are better off giving away the ride to get the booking fees which they would do if they could.

19. Stan07

Stan07 Well-Known Member

Especially when you consider the pink colored cockroaches waiting in line for you to raise the rates!

20. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

Uh, OK. Target shares rise 9% Wednesday on better than expected results.