1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

3,000 Ride-Sharing Cars Could Replace 13,000 New York City Taxis

Discussion in 'Autonomous' started by circle1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

[They're full of, uhh, bluster (imo), although it can be done in limited areas]

"Uber and Lyft have been working on ride-sharing algorithms with some degree of success. For example, in San Francisco, Lyft’s carpooling service makes up 50% of rides. [haha, yeah, how's that working out??]

Professor Daniela Rus of MIT’s Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) researched actual taxi data and determined 3,000 ride-sharing cars could replace every cab in New York City."

[​IMG]

https://mishtalk.com/2017/01/05/3000-ride-sharing-cars-could-replace-13000-new-york-city-taxis/

2. leroy jenkins

leroy jenkins Well-Known Member

How do you say this paper is f____ing ret_____rded in Cambridge?

Traffic exists precisely because everyone wants to start work at 9am, go home at 5pm and have dinner reservations at 7pm and leave the bars at 2am.

so me a world where everyone evenly distributes everything they do in life over 24 hours. I'll show you a universe where this paper makes sense.

3. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

And lighting a match should heat my home for 12 hours . . .

Jufkii likes this.
  4. Jermin8r89

Jermin8r89 Active Member

Y doesnt anyone see whats going on?! Humanity is stupid and lazy. Its big brother saying we will take car of u. Oh yea? So u gonna pay for all my expenses when robots r the slaves instead? Nope. For all u reality watchers reality will be come real once we all on a big grid as there will be mass amount of being doing nothing they will hold games like the hunger games. Its all in the movies and shows.
    All u people who want a perfect world go download ur brain into a danm computer

Chada75 likes this.